24 CU IN REFRIGERATOR



This is a 24 cu inch refrigerator, exactly like the one I had in my garage. The animals that AC removed were in the top freezer compartment. In the Order following Hearing on Order of Care dated November 4, 2009, they alleged that they had removed 27 dead animals from this freezer.

I recall having put fish from our saltwater tank in plastic bags, as well as parakeets and sugar gliders...I am not sure how many. And as I mentioned, there were maybe 1, possibly 2 bodies of dead feral cats who had just been killed by one of our dogs who had hopped the kennel fence. I had discussed this issue with my Vet and intended for my employee to bury them on my mother's property. They were kept exactly in the same manner recommended by the ASPCA....so where was the crime here?

It was suggested to me by Laurella Desborough, an advocate for exotic birds and aviculturists, and member of NAIA (National Animal Interests Alliance), that I add this information:

"You might add to your data on the refrigeration of dead birds and animals...people do refrigerate animals for several reasons:

1) to store the body until the animal owner is able to appropriately dispose of the body.
2) to store the body for a research project in which the dead animal species is needed.
3) to store the body because the type of animal is used as food for another type of animal...frozen mice, rabbits, chicks and so on are used to feed other species."


If anything, the crime was committed by AC, who according to their own ordinance, was supposed to give me written notice instructing me to get rid of these bodies once they had been discovered, essentially allowing me 24 hours in which to bury them. If I did not comply with the written request, only then would I be in violation. Instead, AC explicitly told me not to touch anything...which then allowed them to take the bodies themselves 2 days after finding them and photograph them as incriminating evidence.

They would go on to say in the Order following Hearing on Order of Care dated November 4, 2009, that there were 27 carcasses removed from this fridge. How was this physically possible unless they were mostly fish and small animals...and not the large carcasses they would go on the imply I had in my fridge, both in court and in the newspaper?

The infamous fridge, before we moved in. It would end up in the garage once we replaced it with a black one to match the stove, sometime in 2008.


 
Blog Designer